- Carl Bernstein
- Thursday March 3, 2022 @ 7pm
- Miami University Hamilton, Parrish Auditorium
The Michael J. Colligan History Project welcomes the legendary Carl Bernstein for a unique evening of personal reminiscence, historical anecdote, and insightful reflection. A Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist famed for his Washington Post exposure of the Watergate scandal, Bernstein’s books, reporting, and commentary have revealed the inner workings of American government and politics for over forty years.
Bernstein draws on his new memoir Chasing History: A Kid in the Newsroom (Henry Holt & Co., 2022), which chronicles his early years as a budding reporter. Working his way up from a 16 year-old copy boy at the Washington Star, Bernstein rose through the ranks to cover a wide range of stories as a young reporter in our nation’s capital. Bernstein’s book reflects on these early years, covering everything from the Kennedy administration to the Civil Rights movement to the slew of grisly crime scenes which he covered.
Link to CBS profile of Chasing History.
- Free public lecture; audience Q&A/ booksigning to follow.
- RSVP strongly encouraged: https://miamioh.edu/regionals/rsvp/
- NOTE: At the time of writing, Miami University requires everyone to wear facemasks on campus. Any changes in policy will be publicly communicated to all visitors in advance of this event. Thank you for your consideration of this requirement.